Summertime is the perfect time for easy to mix chicken salads. It’s my go to on a hot sunny day. The best parts about recipes like this are that you can totally pack it up and take it to the beach or park for a picnic. I originally saw this recipe on my favorite gal’s show, Ina Garten but decided it needed a few personal touches. Plus I didn’t have everything on hand (which is the best part of making a good recipe, you can make it your own with what you have) so I tweaked the recipe a bit to come up with what I have now!
Looking for a summer salad? Pin it to save!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 cup shredded cheese mixture
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a pan on medium high heat, spray with non-stick spray.
- Chop your chicken breasts into small pieces, season with salt and pepper and add to the heated pan.
- Saute your chicken until it is full cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice your celery in small bits, including the hearts and leaves, add to a bowl.
- Add the cooked chicken directly on the celery, letting the heat cook the celery to soften.
- After the chicken has cooled down, add your cheese, mayonnaise, blue cheese dressing, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine, cover and refrigerator until completely cooled, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve your chicken salad as is or top on top of french bread to make a sandwich, this is my favorite way! Either way...