Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite things to order out. I love the ooey gooey cheese that’s melted on top, with the slices of fresh avocados and chunky pieces of chicken. I’m all about using the slow cooker so I basically threw all the ingredients into my cooker, set it to go and went off to work!
Craving Mexican food? Pin it to save!
Every time I make this recipe, it always comes out a little different depending on what I have on hand but my secret ingredient and key to this recipe is enchilada sauce. It has all the flavors you need without the hassle and time to make them come on their own. I usually make mine a little less spicy than you would normally have it but that’s personal preference.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Author: Alexis Sanchez
- 3 Chicken Breasts (I threw my frozen ones in there)
- 2 Cans of Beans (Pinto or Black or one of each!)
- 1 Tbsp of minced Garlic
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce (Secret Ingredient!! Green or Red, doesn't matter, just buy the large one!)
- 3-4 Cups of Chicken Stock
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Mexican Cheese
- Throw all the ingredients except for the tortilla chips and cheese into your crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Right before serving toss some tortilla chips in and stir it around.
- When serving crush some more chips on top, layer with cheese, sour cream, avocados and ENJOY!