It’s been a while since Jonathan and I have stepped in a restaurant (for obvious reasons with the pandemic), so we turned to something that you would normally only get in a fancy restaurant for dinner: Lobster Tails. Partnering with Lobster Anywhere to ship out a couple high quality lobsters, that would arrive at my doorstep the next day was a no brainer (I didn’t even have to leave the house!) The traditional route was not an option here, so with using what we had on hand, the bacon and parmesan cream sauce was born. Complementing the lobster’s great flavor, but not overpower it in anyway at all. Top these tails with a squeeze of lemon and the best cauliflower mash that could fool anyone (recipe coming soon! 🙂 ), and you’ll also be ready to host a little date night in the kitchen.
Fancy dinner in a breeze? Pin it to save!
Do yourself a favor by getting prep done before (it cuts down on time, I promise), and put some music on. Make a little date of it in the kitchen! Enjoy the process of working with the best of the best. Before you begin to cut the lobster tails to butterfly them, watch this tutorial to help. Other than that prep, the sauce quickly comes together in the same pot the lobster is browned in. And the dish only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish! The best part is that it’s completely low carb and keto-friendly. It is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious restaurant style meal without any guilt. And without the huge price tag too!
If you are in need of high quality Lobster or other seafood delivered directly to your door, check out Lobster Anywhere! After creating this dish, Jonathan made me promise to make it again soon. 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- ½ Pound Diced Bacon
- 2 Lobster Tails Butterflied and Seasoned
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallot
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup (or More) of Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Lemon Slices for Garnish
- Cauliflower Mash or Vegetable of your choice
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- First, prep and butterfly the lobster tails but wait to season them until you are just about to cook, put aside.
- Preheat a dutch oven pot or a pan with higher sides on medium heat with the avocado oil.
- Next, dice the bacon, shallots, and garlic.
- Add the bacon to the pot and cook until brown. Remove from heat, leaving the bacon/avocado oil in the pot, and place on paper towel to soak up any extra grease.
- Generously season the lobster tails and place them meat side down into the pot, cook for 1-2 minutes until you begin to see the shell turning bright red, and the meat curling.
- Turn the lobster on each side to continue to brown and cook. Should be a total of 4-5 minutes. If one side of the lobster shell is still raw, turn and press it to the heat. The lobster will be done when the shell is a bright red.
- Remove from heat and place aside with a very loose piece of foil.
- Then to the same pot, add butter, shallots, garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then turn down heat to low.
- Next comes the heavy whipping cream.
- Stir to combine then add in parmesan cheese, stir and cook for 1 minute until it thickens.
- Lastly, add bacon, lobster back to the pot, and drizzle some sauce over.
- Top with parsley, lemon slices, and serve immediately with your mashed cauliflower and ENJOY!