Yesterday was the beginning of our two week testing period, which equals stress, stress, and more stress! Which also means making simple, easy and QUICK meals so I can get off my feet faster and relax.
Need a quick weeknight meal? Pin it to save!
Pasta is always a quick go-to for me. It requires minimal thinking and you can pretty much through any meat or veggie with it and your home free. Tonight I’m sharing my mix up of shrimp, tomato basil pasta sauce and penne noodles.
- Shrimp: uncooked & peeled
- Penne Pasta or anything you may have in your pantry
- Tomato Basil Sauce (or make your own, crush up tomatoes and use fresh basil leaves to season)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a pan on medium high heat, add butter and melt. Also put a pot of hot water on the stove top.
- Season the shrimp with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to the pan and saute until shrimp are pink and plump, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and season with a handful of salt, cook according to the package directions.
- Add your tomato basil sauce to the shrimp pan and simmer on low until heated.
- Drain pasta and add to the pan with sauce and shrimp, tossing the pasta around to get coated.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!