I love making all types of bread but this Banana Bread is by far the easiest and greatest! I’ve had a ton in my freezer and my boyfriend kept nagging me for some so I knew it was time to whip this up! It literally takes less than 10 minutes to mix up and it will have your home smelling oh so good while it’s baking.
Wanna bake up something great? Pin it to save!
This recipe for banana bread is Jonathan’s favorite. It’s so easy to make, you don’t even need a mixer, just a spoon and some basic ingredients. The best part is if you are like me, you have a freezer full of bananas ready to go. Freezer you say? yes! Stick those bananas that are beginning to turn into your freezer. They will turn colors but all you have to do is pull it out of the freezer a couple hours before you begin to bake and they will defrost broken down in the peel, cutting out more of your work!
Easy & Yummy Banana Bread
Author: Alexis Sanchez
- 6 ripe bananas, smashed (if you froze it, let it de-frost fully)
- ⅔ cup melted butter
- 2 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 1½ cup)
- 2 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve and ENJOY!
This recipe will make two loaf pans.