Pizza is probably my favorite thing to eat but knowing Jonathan and I are sticking to a low-carb lifestyle, I was a little worried about missing my favorite meal. One night, it somehow came into my mind to try our handy tortillas we use for just about everything to create a thin crust style pizza. I quickly grabbed all my ingredients, layered everything it up, and sat in the kitchen while it bubbled and cooked in the oven. Ten minutes later I had a perfectly cooked pizza (with all my favorite toppings) minus all the carbs that usually go along with this tasty treat. I’ve been making this guilt free pizza for lunch and dinners ever since.
Ready to save on carbs? Pin it to save!
Jonathan was the one to first point out low carb tortillas to me. When you completely give up bread, you need something to help feel the gap. Mission Foods has create a whole line of lower carb tortillas, which can be found directly on their site here. I’ve been able to find them in almost every grocery store we go into, including Target and Amazon. So there really is no excuse to give up some of your carbs for these tasty wraps!
- Mission Foods Low Carb Tortillas (see direct link within post on where to buy)
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Cheese Blend
- 1-2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Toppings of your Choice
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a flat pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your tortilla onto your pan, and spoon on the pizza sauce and swirl to coat the surface.
- Begin to add your toppings. I normally do a little cheese, pepperoni, little more cheese, and top with black olives. The ways you can create these pizzas are endless and completely customizable.
- Sprinkle the toppings with Italian Seasoning for additional pizza taste.
- Place the pan in your oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let cool for 3 minutes. Cut into fourths, carefully transfer to your plate, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and/or parmesan and ENJOY!