To celebrate the last weekend of our summer, I decided to make something I absolutely love for lunch this week, Chicken Salad. I’ve made this recipe a few times and even blogged about it but I knew I wanted to try something a tad different this time around.
Want a tasty salad for lunch? Save it to Pin!
With school starting this Wednesday, I’m on a mission to be a tad conscious of the foods Jonathan and I are eating on a day to day basis. It really does help when we have a consistent schedule to stay on track. It also helps that we have been shopping so much at our local veggie market which has fresh local vegetables at affordable prices. Besides using fresh produce, I wanted to mix up my old recipe with the binding. I decided to try my hand at replacing the mayonnaise and use Chobani‘s Plain Greek Yogurt instead. I found this to be a refreshing change to the recipe. There are tons of other amazing recipes that use greek yogurt all over the web but I find that Chobani has really put together a great list at their website. Be sure to check them out!
The recipe is simple to put together and it lasts most of the week! You can even cut down on time by using those already roasted chickens you find at your local grocery store.
Once everything is cooked, you throw it all in a bowl and mix it up. The Chobani yogurt does a great job of acting as the mayo in this recipe and keeping everything combined and moist. The light tartness to the yogurt works really well with the lemon and dill combination.
So, what is your go to summer salad recipe? I would love to know more so I can try some new ones out! If you found this recipe tasty and want to share/save for your friends, pin the image above! If you are looking for even more great greek yogurt recipes, check out this post from Positive Health Wellness! Enjoy!
- 4 Cups of Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 3 Stalks of Celery with Leaves
- 2 Large Scallions
- ½ Cup Fresh Dill
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Freshly Squeezed Lemon
- 2 Cups of Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Heat a pan on medium high heat with a little olive oil. Begin by dicing your chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and coriander seed. Sprinkle over all the chicken and massage in the seasoning with your hands. Add to the pan when it is heated.2. Split and dice the celery and leaves into small pieces. Add these to a large mixing bowl. Peel the scallions and slice them into small strips. Put these aside to be added to the chicken later. Finely chop up the Dill and Parsley, add these to the mixing bowl. Toss the contents of the bowl and set aside.
- Continue to stir and cook the chicken, about 6-8 minutes. Add the scallions once the chicken is just about finished, stirring and mixing them with the chicken. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the warm chicken to the mixing bowl. Stir the chicken in with the other herbs. Next, add the Cobani yogurt and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Stir the contents of the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerator the mixture for at least 30 minutes, if not more. Once it's cooled down, serve on it's own, with crackers or on a sandwich with your choice of cheese and ENJOY!