If you haven’t heard of an Instant Pot, then you must be living under a rock. This electric pressure cooker will cook fresh and frozen foods with great flavor really quickly (hence the instant part!) A few months ago I first heard about it on Instagram and basically couldn’t stop researching and begging for it. Jonathan came through and bought me one for my birthday (here is the one he got me!) Which I quickly unpacked and used right away! This paired with my Cauliflower Lime “Rice” is the perfect weeknight meal!
Wanna have a chicken bowl for dinner? Pin it to save!
The beginning of the year always marks getting back on track with our low carb lifestyle. I purchased a few low carb cookbooks to prepare and dove right in with the Low Carb Cookbook & Weight Loss Plan by Pamela Ellgen. I flipped her recipe to fit into my new Instant Pot, cutting the cooking time in half, if not more! The chicken is fork tender, juicy, and so flavorful. My absolute favorite part is accompanying of the radishes, avocado, and creamy sour cream. Bonus, you can make it truly low carb by using Cauliflower Rice as the base!
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Minced Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Peper
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Thighs
- 2 Avocado
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Radishes
- Cauliflower Rice or Rice of your choice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- First, combine olive oil, soy sauce, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, all seasonings, and chicken broth in your Instant Pot bowl. Whisk together to mix throughly.
- Next, sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken thighs and add to the Instant Pot bowl. Mix the sauce and chicken together to coat throughly.
- Put the top on the Instant Pot and move the valve to "Sealing". Choose Pressure Cook and add 25 minutes to your timer and "Keep Warm" on. The timer will begin once the pressure has been reached, which takes about 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep your avocado and radishes by slicing into small bite size pieces. Next, Prepare your Cauliflower Rice or Rice of choice during this time as well.
- Once the timer rings, let your Instant Pot sit for 5 additional minutes, then quick release by moving your valve to Venting (make sure to use a utensils to push it so you don't burn yourself!)
- Pull the chicken out and shred with a fork. Return back to the Instant Pot liquid and mix together.
- Grab a bowl with a layer of rice first, then top with chicken and sauce. Top with radishes, avocado, sour cream, and ENJOY!