If you didn’t know already, November being national pet awareness month and the season of gratitude, so I decided to write up a few reasons why I’m most grateful for my Cuba girl. I’m also sharing some tips courtesy of PuppySpot for keeping all your fur babies safe during these holiday months.
Wanna save these safety tips? Pin it to save!
Jonathan and I first got Cuba in March and have loved every moment of seeing her quirky self grow. Her birthday is coming up pretty quickly (December 22nd, one day after J & I got engaged!) and we are planning on celebrating in a fun way (puppy cake all the way)! Until then, Jonathan and I came up with some reasons why we are most thankful for our four legged puppy.
Why we are most thankful for Cuba
1. She keeps me company during my work day
2. She makes us both laugh pretty much all the time
3. She is litter box & kennel trained, which has helped us so much
4. She is super cuddly almost human like
5. She unsuccessfully attacks spiders in the house
6. She is always so happy and welcoming when we come home
7. She has always been aware and adapts to Jonathan’s wheelchair & abilities
8. She is a social butterfly with other two and four legged friends
9. She really helps remind me that life is short and to live in the moment
Safety tips for this holiday season
As we mentioned above, we are so thankful for Cuba to join our family. She is for sure spoiled as she is our first puppy together. I’ll admit it, I sometimes call her my baby, followed by Jonathan giving me the funniest look. But she is! We try to make sure we always give her high quality puppy food, a variety of well made and resourced puppy treats. Even when her tummy is hurting, we always take care of her with a splash of goats milk (this is a really great treat and good for their indigestion). With all that being said, we’re sharing some safety tips to help keep your pup happy and healthy this holiday season!
So, now that we have shared our love and appreciate for Cuba and shared a few holiday tips, I want to know more about your four legged friends. What are you most thankful for when it comes to your pup? How do you keep them safe throughout the year and especially during the holidays? Drop us a comment and let us know! If you don’t have a pup yet, try out PuppySpot and look through their puppy finder. They are working to help find puppies their forever homes! If you found this useful and want to share with your fellow puppy friends, feel free to pin the image on top!