Today’s recipe is directly from my favorite, Food Network Magazine. Jonathan and I have a monthly “Food Network Night” where we each create a recipe from the monthly magazine. We both make the entire dish and have a great date night during our cooking. It’s a good way to learn new recipes and hang out.
Craving Pizza & BBQ? Pin it to save!
This month I chose to make this tasty Hawaiian BBQ Pizza. It looked simple enough for a week night dinner and movie in. With a little prep, you will be enjoying this sweet and spicy twist of a pizza!
Hawaiian BBQ Pizza
Author: Alexis Sanchez
- 1 Pound Pizza Dough (I buy mine at Trader Joe's!)
- ½ Pineapple, Peeled, Core & Cut into Rings
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- ¼ Cup of Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 1 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack *
- 1 Cup Shredded Muenster Cheese *
- ¼ Pound of Deli-Sliced Ham
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Remove your pizza dough from the package and follow as directed. The dough I buy always wants it to sit out of the package for at least 20 minutes prior to rolling it out.
- Begin the work on all the prep, cutting and chopping the pineapple, green onions, tomatoes, cheese and ham.
- If you have a grill pan or BBQ, you can do it that way. I don't so I preheated a pan on high heat. I put the pineapple on there, charring the edges before flipping them. You can also grilled the whites of the green onion for extra flavor.
- Pre-grease a pizza pan and begin rolling out your dough on a floured surface. Move the rolled dough on the pizza pan.
- Combine the barbecue sauce and tomatoes in a small bowl, spread the mixture onto the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the cheeses on next.
- Top with the grilled pineapple, ham and some of the green onions (including the charred whites).
- Finish the pizza with the remaining cheese and place in the oven.
- Cook according to your dough package, about 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven, slice, serve and ENJOY!
I couldn't find these in shredded or in blocks, so I bought the sliced thinly kind and diced into small pieces.