2. Interactive Journals: This was my first year with interactive journals and I really enjoyed it! I loved seeing my students using their journals to help continue their learning. Next year I’m for sure going to make sure I am strategically planning my lessons based around their INBs.
3. Dojo Dollars: I’ve used Class Dojo ever since I’ve become a teacher, I’m a full supporter of the application (and so are my kiddos!) This year I implemented classroom money to go alongside my dojo. The kids absolutely loved the money system! Here is more about how I use this money in my classroom!
1. Homework Check-In: This year I used Kristine’s Homework Hotspot and implemented a Homework Club for students to continue to be in if they did their homework two weeks straight. Although this worked the entire year, I never was able to let the students control the homework checking and it became one extra thing for me to do. Also, I had the kids have to remind me about giving prizes for staying in the homework club every other week.
I’ve been thinking a lot about how I want homework to run next year and I’ve come to the decision that I’m going to try doing their homework in the INBs nightly, have monthly themed reading logs and start doing punch cards as their reward for doing the homework! Hopefully it will work out! Update.. Instead of in their INBs, I ended up going with half sheet packets, read more about it here.
2. Grading Pacing/Schedule: I hate grading, who’s with me?! Hate it! But as a teacher, it’s something I HAVE TO DO. So, I’m going to try to stay positive and next year I need to create a pacing guide to getting the grading done and putting into our grade book system. I’m thinking every Monday & Wednesday is grading time during my planning and Fridays will be the inputting days. Do you have any suggestions??
3. Classroom Website: I need to create a classroom website. Period. Everyone knows me as the techy girl and I don’t have a classroom website. I honestly meant to get it together last summer but I just ran out of time! I’m getting that fixed right now!