This is by far one of my favorite salsas and bean salad! I originally got the recipe from a classmate in college after trying it at one of our potluck parties. It’s just so delicious and SO EASY to make, most of the ingredients are already portioned out and ready to go.
Ready to share with a crowd? Pin it to save!
I made a huge batch for my co-workers for our back to school potluck and I got a ton of compliments! The recipe below is for one batch but the picture reflect two batches because I was serving a crowd.
Author: Alexis Sanchez
- 1 Can Blackeye Peas
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 2 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Chopped Avocado
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Drain the black eye peas, corn, and black beans in the sink removing all the extra liquid. Dice your tomatoes. Chop up the Cilantro.
- Combine everything into a large bowl, add liquid ingredients and seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but can be made a couple of days ahead of time.
- Before serving, cut and dice the avocado. Mix with the lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir this into the already made mixture, serve with tortilla chips and