What a mouthful but oh so delicious! Early this week I was craving chicken and pasta so I threw together a few random things and came out with this.
Pasta and veggies? Pin it to save!
If you have never cooked with gnocchi, it’s really easy because you treat it the same way you would with pasta. A lot of stores have it available now already pre-made in the pasta aisle. It’s a great mix-up to your normal everyday pasta meal.
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Gnocchi
Author: Alexis Sanchez
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts
- ½ tablespoon Oregano
- ½ tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Gnocchi
- 2 cups Broccoli (I had a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower)
- 2 cups Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup Pasta Water
- Cut your chicken breast into small pieces and season with the oregano, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix the seasoning around the chicken and add to the pre-heated skillet pan with a little olive oil. Continue to cook the chicken thoroughly, stirring when necessary.
- In a small pot, add water and bring to a boil. Drop in the gnocchi and broccoli. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes uncovered.
- Pour ½ cup of the pasta/vegetable water into the chicken pan, scraping the pan to release the bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the gnocchi and veggies and drop everything into the skillet with the chicken.
- Add the alfredo sauce and stir everything together.
- Cook until the alfredo is warmed up.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, a salad and ENJOY!