This cilantro lime chicken recipe has been a keeper in my house for many reasons. First, it’s delicious. Second, it’s SUPER easy to make. Third, it has tons of options for meals for the night or in the future. Fourth… Have I mentioned it’s delicious? I love the combination of classic chicken flavor with the brightness of lime and hints of peppery & fresh cilantro.
Looking for an easy weeknight festa? Pin it to save!
Like I said, options are here! You could freeze for later, cook up in a frying pan, or even use it in the slow cooker. Whatever way you mix it, you’ll have a quick and easy dinner for any week night. You can use this mixture to make tacos on Tuesday, or serve with rice and extra limes. I’ve even made enchiladas with the leftover meat. It’s a super flexible and delicious every time!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion
- 2 green bell pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 small limes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- splash of chicken stock
- Begin by cutting chicken into small bit sized pieces, set aside.
- Slice onion and bell peppers into the same size of chicken.
- In a food processor, add bunch of cilantro, juice of two limes, minced garlic and salt & pepper. Process until blended. With the food processor continuing to run, slowly add in the olive oil (very similar to a pesto!).
- Taste and adjust salt & pepper if needed.
- At this point, you have a few options: Option 1: Combine all the ingredients in a zip-lock, mix well and put into the freezer for a later time! When you are ready to use, defrost overnight in the fridge and pop into a slow cooker with a splash of chicken stock. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Option 2: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, making sure everything is covered. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate for some time in the fridge (30 minutes to overnight!). When you are ready, get a pan ready with some oil, put contents and cook chicken fully. Add a splash of chicken stock to loosen the cilantro sauce.
- Serve the meat with a dollop of sour cream, guacamole and ENJOY!