Tonight I am using my Basil Pesto recipe to make this Pesto Chicken Pasta. Hot or cold, this is the perfect weeknight recipe that will be on your table in 20 minutes or less! These are some of my favorite type of meals after a long day in the classroom. If you make the pesto during the weekend, you could even meal plan this recipe or similar ones with the same recipe.
Weeknight dinner meal idea? Pin it to save!
Pesto has become one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. I especially love it as a sauce to pasta. It feels light as a sauce and makes you feel okay about eating a bowl of pasta. Add the quick cook chicken and you have a perfect bowl of dinner.
- Basil Pesto recipe (see blog)
- 2 Chicken Breast, Cubed
- ½ Pound of Elbow Pasta
- Follow the Basil Pesto recipe, set in the fridge for about 5 minutes to chill. You may leave it in longer if you wish!
- Cube the chicken and add to a medium heat pan with a bit of oil.
- In a separate pan, boil some water and add your pasta with a 4 fingers of salt.
- Cook the chicken through, adding in a little bit of the pesto to the mixture.
- Drain the pasta, adding it to the chicken pan.
- Stir in the remaining Pesto and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve right off the stove or package and eat it cold tomorrow. Either way, ENJOY!