Towards the end of my very first day back to work, I was sitting there daydreaming about what I wanted for dinner. As I said yesterday one of my resolutions this year was to eat out less and eat home more. Now, I’ve been craving fish so I thought while not catfish?! With my snack in hand, I drove to the grocery store right after school and got some fresh catfish from the seafood department knowing I had everything else I needed at home!
Craving catfish? Pin it to save!
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Creole Seasoning (or more!)
- 1-2 Fillets of Catfish
- Vegetable Oil
- ½ Lemon
- Whisk your egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and creole seasoning.
- Trim your fish fillets.
- Dip into egg mixture then into the breadcrumbs mixture, assuring both sides are covered. Heat your vegetable oil, it should be sizzling. I always check the temperature by putting a few water drops into the pan, if it sizzles your good to go!
- Fry your fish fillets, about 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- Serve with rice and fresh lemon juice.